Friday, September 21, 2007

Happy Fall Y'all!!!

Hello everyone. Finally, my favorite time of year is here. I love everything about Fall. From the smells to the colors to the cool, crisp air to the layers of clothing to BSU football..... I could go on.... but I'm sure you get my point.

This year we planted a garden, and have been enjoying our "harvest". By "harvest" I mean lots and lots and lots of zucchini. We tried giving some of it away. That worked for awhile. But people can only eat so much, I guess. So we had to get creative. We found lots of things to put zucchini in and disguise it so the kids would eat it. Ever try zucchini brownies, cookies, crisp, meatloaf...? If you have different ideas please share. If you want recipes, let me know. They were all very good.

I hope to keep friends and family updated through this blog. I will post happenings and photos, thoughts, etc. on this page so please visit often. For now, enjoy the great outdoors

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey gang. Zuccini is great as a bread. I also love it fried.
Dawn

lylli said...

Hi guys!! We have been eating a lot of zuchinni too!! We cook our in some olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon -- delicious!!! We also have been cutting chunks of it and putting it in our spaghetti sauce, it takes great and you don't even know it's there!
LOL, Lawrie

Candi said...

I love your blog! It inspires me to do the same...maybe in a year or two or three when I have more free time (heeheehee). Love ya!

Candi said...

I forgot to mention that your decoration/picture is sooooooo way cute. I also love Fall...it is my favorite as well. Welcome Harvest! Hey, did you try zuchinni pancakes? (I had to peek at someone elses comment to figure out how to spell zuchinni...heeheehee)

Christine said...

I've tried the zuccini crisp and it was delicious. You should post some of your recipes using it.