Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Trying to Have a Party

For weeks I have been planning a birthday party. Gracy was turning 6 and she really wanted to invite friends from school so I thought I would plan her a big party out in the yard. I watched the weather forecast for 2 weeks before the date and picked Saturday because it was predicted to be the best day. I rented a big inflatable sports arena and had lots of games planned for the yard. As the days got closer Saturday started not looking so great, but I hoped it would atleast stay dry for the day. Well, if you were in I.F. Saturday you know the rest of the story. Her outdoor, fall birthday party turned into a party at the kitchen table, thankfully our power, yes! the power went out it was so bad, came back on literally 3 minutes before the first guest arrived. What a day! It turned out fabulous, thanks to the dollar store. Some quick crafts and games and we were having a blast. Gracy had a great time and loved every minute of her party.
( I can't believe my baby is 6!)

3 comments:

Christine said...

Oh my!!! It probably makes you so mad, especially now that we have beautiful weather. Saturday was crazy. I am glad the birthday party was still a success. Happy Birthday Gracy!!!

Emily said...

How stressful. I guess it reminds us that the little things can make any child happy. I am glad that she enjoyed her birthday and that you survived as well!

Tiffany B said...

Happy birthday Gracy. Sorry we missed the party.